I’ve bought several negative air machine scrubbers in the past but the DefendAir Hepa 500 Negative Air Machine is the one I love this most.
I’ve used them in my mold remediation company and even my home. So I have a pretty good idea of what to look for in a air scrubber machine.
What is an Air Scrubber or Negative Air Machine?
If you’re reading this, chances are that you’ve heard about air scrubbers and want to know more.
Air scrubbers are machines that use multiple stages of filters to remove particles from the air.
They can be used in many different applications, but their most widely used in mold remediation and abatement industries because of their ability to remove and capture airborne particles and clean the air.
Air Scrubbers, commonly referred to as negative air machines, can serve many other purposes as well.
In residential homes, air scrubbers are often used to remove dust, pollen, mold spores and other airborne particles from the air.
This is especially important in homes where mold remediation has occurred or when the indoor air quality in your home needs to be improved.
Some people even use these air scrubbers because they want fresh air without having to worry about allergens(1) getting inside their homes!
Benefits of an Air Scrubber
- Air scrubbers can be beneficial for you because it cleans or scrubs the air in your home’s indoor environment. As a result, it prevents you from inhaling particles like dirt, dust, mold spores and pet dander – all of which can cause allergies, asthma, and other respiratory issues.
- Most air scrubbers have a HEPA 500 filtration system that traps 99.97% of particles floating around in the air. The filtration system can capture particles as small as 0.30 microns.
- Some air scrubbers have charcoal filters that can assist with removing odors cigarette smoke and other foul odors from your home.
- Helps to reduce or eliminate many different allergens from you home or work environment.
- These units help to improve the efficiency of your HVAC system.
- Reduces allergy and asthma symptoms when used as directed by the manufacturer.
Key Features Of The Dri-Eaz F284 DefendAir HEPA 500
I found the following key features very useful
- The unit is portable so you can move it to different locations in your home of office.
- The unit has an adjustable or variable speed setting to increase or decrease the fan speed.
- A power outlet is located on the top of the unit so you can connect other air scrubbers or devices.
- Each unit is stackable- meaning if you have more than one unit and wanted to add another to increase the air exchange in the home, you can stack the units.
- The Defendair Air Scrubber has a light that indicates when the HEPA filter needs to be changed.
- The unit has two filters, the first is a pre-filter that captures larger particles, and the second is the HEPA filter that captures smaller particles like mold spores.
Weight of this Dri-EazAir Hepa Air Machine
When it comes to the weight of the unit, it is a little on the heavy side.
This is mainly because of the powerful motor in the unit. It weighs about forty pounds. Even though it may seem heavy, the handle is comfortable to grip and makes carrying the unit a little easier
The noise level of the air scrubber is not as loud as you may think.
The air scrubber has a variable speed setting dial that allows you to increase the fan speed which will create more noise or you can turn it down where it just sounds like a low humming sound.
So, depending on how high you have the unit running, that dictates the level of noise.
The noise can be the difference between a low hum when it’s set to low, or it can be a little bit loud if you have it turned on full blast.
What I Like About The Air Scrubber DefendAir HEPA 500
Here’s What Could Be Improved By The Dri-eaz Team
One of the things I have found with this air scrubber is, if it had wheels it would be much easier to maneuver and move to different areas in the home. S
o, my one suggested improvement is for the addition of a handle and wheels to make it easier to handle.
Frequently Asked Questions about the Air Scrubber DefendAir HEPA 500
Can this help to reduce mold and other airborne particles from my home?
Yes, when use as directed. I have a unit at home that is used occasionally, and I also use these devices for mold remediation projects.
The HEPA filtration captures particles .3 microns which is much smaller that most particles floating around in the indoor air.
Is this a good fit for home and commercial use?
Yes, this unit works for homeowners as well as in the commercial application.
If I need new filter and parts, where can I get them?
You can get replacement filters and parts online at Amazon. I have found this to be the easiest way to get new filters etc.
Where is the best place to buy the Dri-Eaz F284 DefendAir Hepa 500 Air Scrubber?
You can buy it here on Amazon.
We all know that it is important to have a clean indoor air environment.
Having clean indoor air helps to reduce allergens, which in turn reduces allergic reactions experienced by individuals living in your home.
Using a scrubber occasionally to help purify or clean air in your home has many benefits. These machines can reduce mold spores, pollen, animal dander, and other airborne particles that can have allergic reactions.
In addition, these machines can help to circulate the air in your home and help your air conditioning system run more efficiently.